If you’re looking for an easy keto lunch that is not a salad, then look no further because these roast beef keto wraps are exactly what you want! There’s only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes needed to throw together this delicious, budget friendly, and low carb lunch!
This post may contain affiliate links.
If you find yourself working from home these days, lunch may be getting a little drab! How many salads can one person eat, right? Fret not, sweet friends, I’m here to help make your work from home lunch life a lot more tasty with this easy keto lunch idea. If you have 10 minutes in-between zoom calls then you have time to make these roast beef keto wraps!
What Are Roast Beef Wraps
These roast beef keto wraps are a spin on one of my favorite childhood sandwiches. Thick sliced London broil roast beef is brushed with sugar free bbq sauce and topped with a slice of Muenster cheese. After a short stint under the broiler to heat the meat through and melt the cheese, the roast beef is (carefully) rolled up so that each bite is oozing with warm, melted cheese and sweet bbq sauce.
Is Deli Meat Keto?
Deli meat can be great for a keto, low carb, or gluten free diet. When purchasing deli meat for your keto lunches, look for nitrate and nitrate free option as well as uncured. Also, check the labels and make sure there is no sugar added. Anything labeled “honey, glazed, etc.” will have extra sugar. Of course, buy what your budget allows!
How Do You Make Roast Beef Keto Wraps
This easy keto lunch idea requires almost zero cooking! I say “almost zero” because we do utilize the broiler for about 5 minutes but you could also do this in a toaster oven or air fryer (adjusting time accordingly).
After preparing the roast beef with the bbq sauce and cheese, simply place the slices on a sheet pan, cheese side up, lined with a wire rack and broiler for 2-5 minutes until the cheese is melted. After broiling, carefully wrap the roast beef up, similar to a taco or enchilada, and enjoy while hot!
Can Different Deli Meat Be Used For These Keto Wraps
This low carb lunch recipe calls for London broil roast beef but you can try it with other meats and cheeses. Here are a few suggestions:
- Ham and Swiss
- Smoked Turkey and Gouda
- Ham and Provolone
- Turkey and Cheddar
- Roast Beef and Swiss
You can also try these condiments in place of the sugar free bbq sauce:
- Sugar free chick-fil-a sauce
- Ranch dressing, dairy free ranch dressing
- Sugar free honey mustard
- Low sugar thousand island dressing
What Kind of BBQ Sauce is Keto Friendly
There are many sugar free bbq sauces readily available in grocery stores nowadays! Personally, I prefer these brands for their overall taste:
- G.Hughe’s- I have found this at Walmart, Kroger, Publix and Amazon.
- Sweet Baby Ray’s No Sugar- I have found this at Walmart, Kroger, Publix and Amazon.
- Kinder’s Sugar Free- I am starting to see this in more stores but I typically order directly from the company.
All of these options are linked in the recipe card below.
Can This Easy Keto Lunch Be Made Ahead of Time
These roast beef wraps are best served fresh and hot. To save time, you could prepare the deli meat with the sauce and cheese and keep refrigerated until you are ready to heat them up. However, I think hearing them up twice would overcook the meat and make it rubbery.
- 5 slices London broil roast beef (about 0.8 pounds)
- 5 slices Muenster cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar free bbq sauce
- Preheat broiler to low (500 degrees).
- Line a sheet pan with foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Lay each piece of roast beef on the wire rack.
- Spread 1/4 cup of bbq sauce evenly across the slices of roast beef. Cut or tear the cheese slices in half and lay on top of the meat.
- Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes just until the cheese is melted. Keep a close eye so as not to burn to the cheese.
- Remove from oven and carefully roll up the roast beef from one end to the other. Use the end of a fork or knife to help guie the meat if necesary.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce on top of the wraps.
- Enjoy immediately while hot.
Use a toaster oven or air fryer in lieu of the broiler, if needed. Adjust time and temperature accordingly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield: 5 wraps
Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 146Total Fat: 9gCarbohydrates: 1.2gNet Carbohydrates: 1.2gFiber: 0gProtein: 17g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Macros will vary by brands used.