Whether you are looking for game day approved keto appetizers or a lightening quick keto dinner recipe, these zero carb buffalo steak bites are a winner. This sirloin steak recipe is a budget friendly way to curb your chicken wing cravings! This buffalo steak bites recipe is ready in just 15 minutes and only requires 5 ingredients.
What Do Buffalo Steak Bites Taste Like
It may seem unconventional to eat steak with buffalo sauce but rest assured this steak bites recipe is unmatched! These buffalo steak bites have the flavor of buffalo wings combined with buttery steak bites. Sirloin steaks are cut into small pieces, quickly cooked in a skillet with butter, and tossed in a buffalo ranch sauce. They make both a great appetizer and easy steak dinner too!
Is This Steak Bites Recipe Keto Friendly
This recipe couldn’t be more keto (read in your best Chandler Bing voice). Steak, butter, ranch…it doesn’t get much more keto friendly than that. This steak bites recipe can also be dairy free and paleo by subbing the butter for oil or ghee. Try using my zero carb ranch dressing for a clean and dairy free option.
What Cuts of Beef Can Be Used in this Keto Steak Recipe
This recipe calls for sirloin steak because it is an inexpensive cut of steak. Sirloin steak is also a leaner cut of steak which generally requires it to be seasoned more so than a ribeye or filet. You may use other cuts of steak, especially if you have them on hand or find them on sale. You will cook them all the same way so no adjustments should be needed.
How To Make This Sirloin Steak Recipe
This sirloin steak bites recipe only requires one skillet and a small l liquid measuring cup. The steaks will get cut into small bite sized pieces then pan fried in butter. Then you will toss them in the buffalo sauce cook and them just a second more to let the sauce heat up. That’s all this simple steak recipe requires!
Are These Easy Steak Bites Spicy
These buffalo steak bites do have a bit of heat from the buffalo sauce. Even mild buffalo sauce has a bit of spice. You can control the level of heat with the buffalo sauce you purchase. I like to use this one in my recipes. Be careful to buy buffalo sauce and not hot sauce.
Why Is Baking Powder Used In These Steak Bites
Baking powder is used to coat the steak bites before cooking. This helps them brown nicely and get nice crispy edges. You can also use arrowroot (this will add 1 extra carb), cornstarch (not recommended), or cassava flour (paleo friendly).
Can Bleu Cheese Be Swapped for the Ranch in this Steak Bites Recipe
The dressing serves two purposes in this recipe. First, it adds a little extra flavor and makes the sauce a little bit more robust and thick. Secondly, it cuts down on the heat. If you prefer bleu cheese to ranch, then you may swap it out. Here’s a keto friendly bleu cheese recipe.
- 2 pounds sirloin steak (about 3 big steaks)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel. Cut them into small bite sized pieces, about 1 inch.
- Place the steak cubes in a mixing bowl and toss with salt, pepper, and baking powder.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and let melt, then add half of the steak bites. Let them sit undisturbed for about 1 minute to brown, flip, and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer them to a clean bowl and repeat with the remaining steak pieces.
- Return all of the steak bites to the skillet and pour the buffalo sauce and ranch. Toss to coat and let cook 30 seconds to 1 minute. The sauce will thicken slighlty.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with fresh parsley, if using. Serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links. We earn a small commission off sales through these links at no additional cost to you.
Serving Size: 1/4
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 478Total Fat: 30.9gCarbohydrates: 0.3gNet Carbohydrates: 0.3gFiber: 0gProtein: 46g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate.